Some girlfriends really are terrific. It’s easy to count on them because they’ll be there for you no matter what. Even if you’re in a weird state of mind, your best friends will join in on the strangeness with you because they are after all, best friends. You don’t have to worry about being judged either, yay!
Here’s 11 really strange things girls sometimes do together, share with your friends if you agree
1. Tell you all about who added them on social media
If your crush, any C-list celebrity like one of the “Rich Kids of Beverly Hills” or higher, and anyone you yourself would love to add but don’t have the balls to do so (see: ex-boyfriend’s sister and that socialite-y girl with good style), you blab all about it.
Once you divulge the news, your trusty friends promptly respond with a chorus of, “No way! That’s awesome!” We just can’t help being soooo popular.
2. Hug everytime you see each other
Like Europeans kissing each cheek, girls are big on hugging. Not every embrace is of equal genuineness, though. Here’s an overview of the levels of hugging.
- The Unexpected Hug: You’re on the street, in your zone and then — BAM! — it’s your bestie from abroad. “Oh-em-gee, hey!”
… And cue hug.
- The Friendly Hug: Despite just seeing your girlfriend at dinner on Tuesday, you greet her with a hello on Friday night as if it’s been months (because you guys really do just love each other that much!).
- The Awkward Hug: One of you goes in for it while the other one ducks out and so continues until you both half-ass it and finally walk away.
Use the same phrases to start sentences
3. Ask each other if they need nose jobs
4.…Or boob jobs, or Botox, or to lose weight.
5. Discuss what they dream about
Full disclosure: I actually really hate listening to people share their dreams with me (unless, of course, I play a starring role in it).
Nevertheless, we ladies love to dole out our snooze-worthy stories and then dissect them together to find deeper meaning. Freud would be proud.
6. Make all kinds of diet and exercise plans but get drunk instead
This one is a real classic that gets about as far as putting on the spandex. Sunday: Sit on the couch and resolve to “get healthy.” Beginning of the week: Get healthy. Weekend: Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball.” Sunday: Repeat.
7. Tell each other sad stories
It begins innocuously with, “Do you guys wanna hear something sad?” and then very quickly turns into a book club of women exchanging tragic tales.
No disrespect intended; we just can’t resist sharing a hauntingly provocative story with our girlfriends… not to bring the mood down, or anything.
8. Read horoscopes and apply it to their lives
Mercury in retrograde right now is seriously f*cking sh*t up in this world. When you apologize for your momentary flip-out, your friends find it totally acceptable to blame it on the cosmic universe and the fact that you’re a natural-born Leo.
9. Name things
You use two-word descriptors for every one of you and your friend’s hookups (How else have you kept them straight since freshman year?). Some gems: “Sexy Loser,” “Ben Law” and “Miami Dan.”
It doesn’t stop there, either. We name things like friend groups (“The Michigan Girls”), our apartments and even our friends who already have names.
10. Chill in bed together while text messaging
Everyone piles into whoever has the fluffiest princess bed — cell phones in hand — and contemplates things like which characters you are from “Girls” or “Sex and the City.”And even though everyone in the group chat is currently present, you guys still communicate via text message because…emoticons.
11. Disguise talking smack as “venting”
Bitching is us talking about our day, true confessions are really intimate secrets and venting is basically surface level sh*t-talking, which we don’t actually believe but just need someone else to nod her head at. Anything that is of actual importance is reserved for in-depth and in-person conversations, preferably over brunch or cocktails or both.
Thanks for checking out 11 Strange Behaviors Girlfriends Do Together – Please share with friends using the buttons below!