Bringing happiness is a goal of mashtop. These amazingly powerful images may not be of the funny variety, but they are very powerful, and important. We want to share them because they speak loudly of our journey on this pale blue dot we call earth. Pictures have an uncanny ability to capture the highest high or the lowest low. As such , the images included here may fill you with joy, or sadden you as you empathize with another’s struggle. The takeaway is, we all need to focus on loving our fellow neighbor, and that includes everyone on earth, for without compassion for the people we share this existence with, life loses its most important meaning.
1. A koala gets water from a fireman during the Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria, Australia, in 2009
2. A Doctor contemplates after a 23-hour-long successful heart transplant. His assistant fell asleep from exhaustion.
source: James Stanfield
3. Homeless Indian men wait to for food outside a mosque prior to Eid al-Fitr in New Delhi, India
source: Tsering Topgyal / AP
4. Inside an Auschwitz gas chamber
5. Father and son in 1949 compared to 2009
6. A 12 year old Brazilian named Diego Frazão Torquato playing the violin at his teacher’s funeral. The teacher had helped him escape poverty and violence through music.
7. A Russian soldier plays a lone piano in Chechnya in 1994
8. A man overcome with grief after learning of his brothers death
source: Nhat V. Meyer
9. Christians protect Muslims during prayer in the middle of the 2011 uprisings in Cairo, Egypt
source: Nevine Zaki
10. Terri Gurrola is sees her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months
source: Louie Favorite
11. A Starving boy’s hand and Missionary
source: Mike Wells
Please remember your fellow neighbor as you go about your day today – God Bless You